NOTE: THE PERSON ATTENDING MUST REGISTER THEMSELVES. Do not register under someone else’s name. Non-dentists and non-members are welcome to take this course. You’ll be asked for an ADA Login when registering. Creating an account is free and does not require membership. Follow the links below to create an account.
Non-dentists can create accounts here.
Most U.S. dentists and dental students, regardless of membership status, have an ADA number, which functions as your User ID. To retrieve your ID, please visit Forgot User ID.
Join coding experts Sara Stuefen, DDS, Ronald Riggins, DDS, Hope Watson, DMD, and Mark MiHalo, DDS during this virtual course to extend and hone attendees coding expertise. The CDT Dental Coding course will provide necessary foundational knowledge, skill practice and reinforcement to participants in order to accurately file claims using the CDT codes.
This course will provide learners with the resources they need to support performance on the job and enable them to practice using these resources in realistic scenario-based simulations they might encounter during a typical workday.
After the course, attendees can choose to demonstrate competency with the knowledge and skills in an electronic assessment, after which they will receive a certificate of completion.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
• Define key terms used in dental coding.
• Locate resources and a glossary for assistance with terminology and codes.
• Identify the correct, current claim form.
• Correctly complete each field on the claim form to file claims with minimal rejection.
• Explain the use of procedure codes.
• Use the CDT book and CDT Companion as resources for proper coding.